- Stu takes an absolutely stunning hike up Snow Mountain.
- The Bradt Travel Guide visits the Zhiben Forest Recreation Area.
- Global Voices Online on how the Puyuma Tribe started the new year.
- Turning Taiwanese visits the Lison Hot Spring.
- Dan Bloom posts a lovely picture of a snow capped Mt. Jade.
- Wandering Taiwan visits Wanhua’s Herb Alley.
- Darren Melrose photographs meat cleaver massages in Bitan.
- Neil Wade visits Taipei’s Jade and Flower Markets.
- INDIAC on the DPP’s recent electoral gains.
DONATE: Help victims of the recent earthquake in Haiti.
Taipei Travel Guide: I recently received information about the new travel guide Taipei In A Day, it looks promising:
Taipei In A Day is the most comprehensive, up-to-date guide to thoroughly enjoy Taiwan. Discover relics and know where to stay and play by using the included maps, complete Taipei dining, hotel, museum, night market, parks, temple and pub guides. Active globe trekkers will appreciate the detailed Taipei Guide to Mountain Climbing. For a soothing spot of tea, find serenity at Tea Station. Names and addresses are also listed in Chinese, along with local phone numbers, so major attractions and interesting out-of-the-way locales around the island are readily found. Helpful communication tips, important vocabulary and useful phrases are at your fingertips. The encompassing “Taiwan From A To Z” section introduces local cues, customs and important cultural information so readers can be travelers rather than tourists. After reading Taipei In A Day you should be prepared for your visit, whether it spans a month, week, or weekend.