With 2009 coming to a close I thought I would take a moment to highlight some of my favorite posts [in no particular order]:
- Growing up a short drive from Sandusky, Ohio, I’ve never been too impressed by amusement parks in Taiwan. The rides at the Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village were really nothing to write home about, but the cherry blossoms sure were nice.
- Skip the Sitou Forest Recreational Park and go to the Wangyou Forest instead. It’s a real gem and almost deserted [for now].
- I visited the Old Taichung Winery with blogger Mark Forman in October and had a great time. On this trip I learned to love my 50mm f/1.8 all over again.
- My trip to Kaohsiung with my wife was a blast. It’s hard to choose one post to highlight here but the one featuring shots from Formosa Boulevard MRT Station’s the Dome of Light really stand out for its panorama goodness.
- I wrote a short little article about Reverse Lens Macro Photography that you may find helpful. The examples in the article are fairly dull, but the subsequent Daily Photos came out nice.
- Surprise! Nantou had a flower festival!
- I never knew a ceramics museum could be so interesting! Now I need to find time to visit Yingge again!
- Cathy and I had a great time walking around the Gold Ecological Park in Jinguashi. Check it out to learn about Taiwan’s intriguing mining history!
- I’ve written a few posts from our honeymoon to the Czech Republic and Austria. Unfortunately, I’ve experienced quite a delay getting pictures online due to my pre-Intel processor iBook G4 showing its age. Out of the posts I have made, the one of the Old Jewish Cemetery is my favorite.
- Can I pick just one cycling post? Of course not. My trip on the Northern Cross Island Highway was the most fun I’ve ever had cycling in lousy weather, mainly because of the great people I went along with. My recent solo-ride to Xinshe was great because it was more challenging than any other ride I had done before.
This year I started doing Weekly Links as a regular feature on the blog. I hope my readers have found this useful for finding interesting content. The Daily Photo feature began last year and unfortunately posting has been sporadic at best. I usually post a Daily Photo if there wasn’t a long post and usually only post a photo on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday [and technically Thursday if you count the Weekly Links header photo]. Regardless, here’s my 10 favorite Daily Photos [sorted by date]:
January 22 – Anping Tree House 
Notice anything missing? Yeah, no people. I’ll try to work on that in 2010.
In personal news, Cathy and I just celebrated our one year anniversary! I’m looking forward to plenty more anniversaries and travels with my beautiful wife!
Have a Happy New Year!