- Andres checks out the Three Color Cafe in Hsinchu.
- Rachel summarizes the noises heard in Taiwan.
- David reviews the Taiwanese movie A Place of One’s Own.
- Carrie reminds readers of the 2009 Taipei Toy Festival.
- Neil with a fabulous tutorial for photographing lightning.
- MJ announces a date for his Blogger Beach BBQ. Wish I could make it, but I’ll be in Salzburg on that day.
- The Taipei Times offers a preview of this weekend’s Ho-Hai-Yan Rock Festival.
- The ADOAH story I pointed to last week gets a lot of responses.
- Talk Taiwan on the CIA’s Taiwan maps.
- Wild at Heart covers obstacles the EPA’s Environmental Impact Assessment commission faces.
- The Far-Eastern Sweet Potato, Michael Turton, and Jenna of Lao Ren Cha on the latest violence in China’s western Xinjiang region pitting ethnic Uighur Muslims against the dominating Han Chinese.
EVENTS: The Taipei Film Festival runs from now through July 12. The Taipei Toy Festival is now through July 12. Photowalks in Taipei and Taichung on July 18. The 2009 World Games in Kaohsiung July 16-26. Cosplay in Kaohsiung July 18-19. Cosplay at NTU July 25-26. More events at Taiwanderful. Looking for a concert? David has a round-up of this year’s summer music festivals or check out GigGuide Taiwan!
Still have an appetite for more links? Michael Turton at the View from Taiwan posts links on Mondays!