I recently received an email from Louis Hsu, a graduate student at National Chiao Tung University in Hsinchu whose project is chronicling cross-cultural experiences of foreign residents of Taiwan. His group is paying participants $700 NT per article [300-600 words].
Here are the guidelines:
1. Write about a personal experience or observation (in full detail) that best explains a contrast between Taiwan and your home country that lead you to be amused, confused, delighted, uncomfortable, or shocked.
2. Please try to account for the reason(s) why this aspect of Taiwanese culture/society lead you to have such feelings.
3. Please write about *one* aspect of culture or society per essay. Try not to mix topics.
4. Each essay should be 300-600 words in length.
5. Please write in a formal written style, but try to be creative, interesting, or humorous!!
6. Please provide a title for your article.
7. We welcome your related photos!
Send your articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit Wasai Taiwan.