- The top 50 teams for Taiwan’s Best Trip in the World competition have been chosen. Check out the fun the Taiwan Blogsphere’s Formosa Adventurers had on their 4-day trip and don’t forget to vote!
- Arthur Dent explores Kaohsiung.
- A Hungry Girl strongly recommends Ben Teppanyaki.
- Brian Q. Webb visits a pet cemetery.
- Michael Cannon cycles Linkou to Taichung.
- FiLi visits a Cosplay-themed restaurant in Tainan.
- Hanjie has info on the 2009 Chihsi art festival in Tainan.
- Robert Kelly in the WSJ with a travel article about the Taian Hot Springs in Miaoli County.
- Pinyin News with information on the new name policy for naturalized ROC citizens.
- Claudia Jean covers how former Kaohsiung mayor Frank Hsieh brought the 2009 World Games to Taiwan.
- The Far-Eastern Sweet Potato responds to criticism of his piece “Why 2012 will be a deadly deadline.”
- Taiwan Matters with a piece on souvenirs at Taiwan’s biggest bookstore chain selling items glorifying Chiang Kai-shek and his son.
EVENTS: Photowalks in Taipei and Taichung this Saturday, July 18. The 2009 World Games in Kaohsiung now through July 26. Cosplay in Kaohsiung July 18-19. Cosplay at NTU July 25-26. More events at Taiwanderful. Looking for a concert? Check out GigGuide Taiwan for your live music needs! Have an event you want listed? Contact me.
Still have an appetite for more links? Michael Turton at the View from Taiwan posts links on Mondays!